Bad Gateway Using Express

workspace
nodejs

Trying to access my site:

From my terminal:

{ Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/home/ubuntu/workspace/public/home/ubuntu/workspacesticky/html/index.html’
errno: -2,
code: ‘ENOENT’,
syscall: ‘stat’,
path: ‘/home/ubuntu/workspace/public/home/ubuntu/workspacesticky/html/index.html’,

Whats going on?

I am using express js, and it started doing that at 10P Sunday. Are the servers going through maintenance?

Can you post some of your code here, so we can make sure the problem isn’t there? Specifically, wherever you’re trying to get the index.html file (this may be a place where you run the .render() method). In this case, it’s likely that you’re attempting to load a file using an absolute path but express assumes it’s relative. It would also be helpful if you could screenshot the file tree so we can see your file structure.

Here is my server.js, executed with “node server.js” at the terminal.

const express = require('express')
const app = express()

app.get('/', function (req, res, next) {
  //res.send('landing page');
  var options = {
root: __dirname + '/public/',
dotfiles: 'deny',
headers: {
    'x-timestamp': Date.now(),
    'x-sent': true
}
  };

res.sendfile(__dirname + 'sticky/html/index.html', options, function (err) {
console.log(err);
  });
})

app.get('/save/:id', function(req, res){
  res.send("Asked for: " + req.params.id);
});

app.listen(8080, function () {
  console.log('Example app listening on port 8080 or 80!')
})

The path might be off? The path being called out by the error message seems off (but hey, who am I to judge your naming conventions? :stuck_out_tongue: )

path: ‘/home/ubuntu/workspace/public/home/ubuntu/workspacesticky/html/index.html’,

Should be as simple as changing this:

res.sendfile(__dirname + 'sticky/html/index.html', ...

To this:

res.sendFile(path.resolve(__dirname, 'sticky/html/index.html'), ...

path.resolve or path.join should work, and will resolve to the file. You can also use it like this, though it shouldn’t make a difference:

res.sendFile(path.resolve(__dirname, 'sticky', 'html', 'index.html'), ...

I just changed to static paths, but will certainly update my code. Also, will I get the error every time there is a 404? I guess it doesn’t make a difference.

Thank!