Add bookmarks in editor for lines of code

I would love to be able to set bookmarks on lines of code, to navigate quicky.

The bookmark could be used as a specially formatted comment inside my code (like you detect /global/, the editor picking it up and showing for instance a navigation menu with those in a handy way.

Now i do searching for comments, but more then once I have several hits :wink:

+1 @rielzzapps :smiley:

This and leaving annotation style comments on code would be cool imo.

Have you seen C9’s Outline feature in the meantime?

:bookmark: :cat2:

shouldn’t bookmarks be saved in settings instead of code?
If cloud9 adds comments and searches for them in all files, it will have several hits same as normal searching.

@harutyun, I’m imaging something like setting a breakpoint that saves that line of code into a custom “Outline-like” vertical tab on the right menu-panel. Or something that follows/tags function definitions or similar.

:bookmark::hand::construction_worker: :thumbsup:

+1. This would be a huge relief when dealing with huge code files.

+1 Bookmarks would be very handy!

+100500 :relaxed: