ACE editor scroll bar color is unaffected by theme

I noticed that the scroll bars in editing windows are bright white/gray regardless of theme. When set to a low-brightness-contrast theme (like Solarized Dark or Tomorrow Night), they stand out as shining bars of light, especially since they have a relatively large pixel width. This defeats a chief benefit of a low-brightness-contrast theme, reduced eye strain, which is important for me.

Any way to set scroll-bar color to be more similar to the background color of a theme? Or perhaps for scroll bars to fade out when not in use?

Or maybe there’s a setting that would address this? I looked through Preferences but didn’t find a relevant setting. If I missed it, someone please point me in the right direction!

Which browser and operating system do you use?

Chrome on OS X 10.11.3.

But since my post this has changed, the scroll bars are now much more subtle, so my problem is solved. Thank you!

Oops! This issue is back again. The scrollbars are bright white, even though I’ve set the UI theme to Classic Dark and the Syntax Theme to Solarized Dark. Changing either type of theme has no effect on scrollbars. Still using Chrome on OS X (El Capitan).

Same questions as before:

Any way to set scroll-bar color to be more similar to the background color of a theme? Or perhaps for scroll bars to fade out when not in use?

Or maybe there’s a setting that would address this? I looked through Preferences but didn’t find a relevant setting. If I missed it, someone please point me in the right direction!